Jun 12, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Jered Weaver tested his injured back by throwing a 30-pitch bullpen session yesterday and said afterward that “it feels good, so obviously I want to start pushing it a little bit.”
Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Weaver will throw another bullpen session and, if that goes well, could be cleared for a simulated game late in the week.
Weaver had hoped to return after the minimum 15-day stay on the disabled list and that isn’t going to happen, but barring any further issues he’s on track to potentially return after about three weeks away. Considering how much pain he appeared to be after tweaking his back on the mound that’s pretty good news for the Angels and their ace.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million