Jun 12, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Jered Weaver tested his injured back by throwing a 30-pitch bullpen session yesterday and said afterward that “it feels good, so obviously I want to start pushing it a little bit.”
Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Weaver will throw another bullpen session and, if that goes well, could be cleared for a simulated game late in the week.
Weaver had hoped to return after the minimum 15-day stay on the disabled list and that isn’t going to happen, but barring any further issues he’s on track to potentially return after about three weeks away. Considering how much pain he appeared to be after tweaking his back on the mound that’s pretty good news for the Angels and their ace.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)