Jun 12, 2012, 10:34 AM EDT
Last week we learned about about former Mets GM Jim Duquette donating his kidney to his ailing daughter. Today Bob Klapisch has their story:
It’s been one week since the transplant, and Lindsey’s doctors believe her nightmare, which began in 2004, finally may be over.
Her new kidney, Jim’s gift, is functioning at 100 percent efficiency. Even though she will be on an immune-suppressing medication for the rest of her days, Lindsey soon could return to the life she’d nearly forgotten.
So far, so good and best wishes to the them both.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11