Jun 12, 2012, 10:34 AM EDT
Last week we learned about about former Mets GM Jim Duquette donating his kidney to his ailing daughter. Today Bob Klapisch has their story:
It’s been one week since the transplant, and Lindsey’s doctors believe her nightmare, which began in 2004, finally may be over.
Her new kidney, Jim’s gift, is functioning at 100 percent efficiency. Even though she will be on an immune-suppressing medication for the rest of her days, Lindsey soon could return to the life she’d nearly forgotten.
So far, so good and best wishes to the them both.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)