Jun 12, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
From beat writer Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com comes word that outfielder Matt Holliday is back in the St. Louis starting lineup on Tuesday night as the Cardinals open a three-game interleague series at Busch Stadium against the visiting White Sox.
Holliday was held out of action on Saturday and Sunday due to back spasms. He rested throughout Monday’s scheduled off day, then felt significant improvement in pregame batting practice Tuesday.
Holliday, 32, is hitting .276/.362/.458 with 10 home runs, nine doubles and 35 RBI through 257 plate appearances this season.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 5
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 35
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 89
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)