Jun 12, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
From beat writer Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com comes word that outfielder Matt Holliday is back in the St. Louis starting lineup on Tuesday night as the Cardinals open a three-game interleague series at Busch Stadium against the visiting White Sox.
Holliday was held out of action on Saturday and Sunday due to back spasms. He rested throughout Monday’s scheduled off day, then felt significant improvement in pregame batting practice Tuesday.
Holliday, 32, is hitting .276/.362/.458 with 10 home runs, nine doubles and 35 RBI through 257 plate appearances this season.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)