Jun 12, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
From beat writer Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com comes word that outfielder Matt Holliday is back in the St. Louis starting lineup on Tuesday night as the Cardinals open a three-game interleague series at Busch Stadium against the visiting White Sox.
Holliday was held out of action on Saturday and Sunday due to back spasms. He rested throughout Monday’s scheduled off day, then felt significant improvement in pregame batting practice Tuesday.
Holliday, 32, is hitting .276/.362/.458 with 10 home runs, nine doubles and 35 RBI through 257 plate appearances this season.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)