Jun 12, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
From beat writer Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com comes word that outfielder Matt Holliday is back in the St. Louis starting lineup on Tuesday night as the Cardinals open a three-game interleague series at Busch Stadium against the visiting White Sox.
Holliday was held out of action on Saturday and Sunday due to back spasms. He rested throughout Monday’s scheduled off day, then felt significant improvement in pregame batting practice Tuesday.
Holliday, 32, is hitting .276/.362/.458 with 10 home runs, nine doubles and 35 RBI through 257 plate appearances this season.
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 1
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 1
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 3
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 26
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)