Jun 12, 2012, 9:52 AM EDT
Last night Trout either drove in or scored all of the Angels’ runs. The last one was set up by him drawing a walk and then stealing second base. Throw in the earlier homer (and an earlier stolen base) and you’re aware of just how complete a package this kid is.
Trout leads the AL in stolen bases besides being in the minors for almost the entire month of April. Since he’s been called up he’s been an on-base machine. And the Angels have gone 27-15 and find themselves a mere 2.5 games out of first place.
There are reasons why we are hearing more about Harper than Trout. Harper was on the cover of SI when he was 16 and was the number one overall pick. Most of his games are played and end when most of the sporting press is awake. But let’s not forget about this kid out west. Because he’s been absolutely astounding.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 6
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)