Jun 12, 2012, 9:52 AM EDT
Last night Trout either drove in or scored all of the Angels’ runs. The last one was set up by him drawing a walk and then stealing second base. Throw in the earlier homer (and an earlier stolen base) and you’re aware of just how complete a package this kid is.
Trout leads the AL in stolen bases besides being in the minors for almost the entire month of April. Since he’s been called up he’s been an on-base machine. And the Angels have gone 27-15 and find themselves a mere 2.5 games out of first place.
There are reasons why we are hearing more about Harper than Trout. Harper was on the cover of SI when he was 16 and was the number one overall pick. Most of his games are played and end when most of the sporting press is awake. But let’s not forget about this kid out west. Because he’s been absolutely astounding.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (99)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)