Jun 12, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
There’s no word yet on who’ll fill in for Ogando, but the Rangers called up left-hander Michael Kirkman from Triple-A and he could get the nod Saturday versus the Astros. Robbie Ross is another candidate.
Feliz is out through the All-Star break with an elbow injury, Holland is sidelined by shoulder fatigue, and now Ogando is expected to miss 4-6 weeks, but the Rangers may soon be able to turn to Roy Oswalt for rotation help.
Ogando, who spent last season in the rotation, moved back to the bullpen this year and posted a 2.27 ERA in 32 innings before changing roles again following Holland’s injury.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)