Jun 12, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
There’s no word yet on who’ll fill in for Ogando, but the Rangers called up left-hander Michael Kirkman from Triple-A and he could get the nod Saturday versus the Astros. Robbie Ross is another candidate.
Feliz is out through the All-Star break with an elbow injury, Holland is sidelined by shoulder fatigue, and now Ogando is expected to miss 4-6 weeks, but the Rangers may soon be able to turn to Roy Oswalt for rotation help.
Ogando, who spent last season in the rotation, moved back to the bullpen this year and posted a 2.27 ERA in 32 innings before changing roles again following Holland’s injury.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)