Jun 12, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
There’s no word yet on who’ll fill in for Ogando, but the Rangers called up left-hander Michael Kirkman from Triple-A and he could get the nod Saturday versus the Astros. Robbie Ross is another candidate.
Feliz is out through the All-Star break with an elbow injury, Holland is sidelined by shoulder fatigue, and now Ogando is expected to miss 4-6 weeks, but the Rangers may soon be able to turn to Roy Oswalt for rotation help.
Ogando, who spent last season in the rotation, moved back to the bullpen this year and posted a 2.27 ERA in 32 innings before changing roles again following Holland’s injury.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 28
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 56
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)