Jun 12, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
There’s no word yet on who’ll fill in for Ogando, but the Rangers called up left-hander Michael Kirkman from Triple-A and he could get the nod Saturday versus the Astros. Robbie Ross is another candidate.
Feliz is out through the All-Star break with an elbow injury, Holland is sidelined by shoulder fatigue, and now Ogando is expected to miss 4-6 weeks, but the Rangers may soon be able to turn to Roy Oswalt for rotation help.
Ogando, who spent last season in the rotation, moved back to the bullpen this year and posted a 2.27 ERA in 32 innings before changing roles again following Holland’s injury.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)