Jun 12, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
There’s no word yet on who’ll fill in for Ogando, but the Rangers called up left-hander Michael Kirkman from Triple-A and he could get the nod Saturday versus the Astros. Robbie Ross is another candidate.
Feliz is out through the All-Star break with an elbow injury, Holland is sidelined by shoulder fatigue, and now Ogando is expected to miss 4-6 weeks, but the Rangers may soon be able to turn to Roy Oswalt for rotation help.
Ogando, who spent last season in the rotation, moved back to the bullpen this year and posted a 2.27 ERA in 32 innings before changing roles again following Holland’s injury.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 27
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 44
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 57
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)