Jun 12, 2012, 12:52 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s all over. The Blue Jays have released Vlad Guerrero, at his request. He is a free agent.
12:00 PM: One reporter is saying that Vlad Guerrero is done, but Vlad’s agent is saying no way, nothing is further from the truth. Perchance there is something in between here? Enrique Rojas says there is: he has left the Jays’ Triple-A team in Las Vegas and has given the team an ultimatum:
After going 4-for-5 with a triple and two RBIs for Triple-A Las Vegas on Monday, Guerrero gathered his belongings and went to his home in Anaheim, Calif.
“Guerrero is ready to play today in the big leagues,” a source close to the nine-time All-Star said.
So maybe he is done. Maybe he isn’t. Guerrero was eligible to opt-out of his minor league deal as of yesterday. He has taken the first step towards doing that, it seems. Whether it’s accomplished depends on how the Blue Jays respond.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)