Jun 12, 2012, 12:52 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s all over. The Blue Jays have released Vlad Guerrero, at his request. He is a free agent.
12:00 PM: One reporter is saying that Vlad Guerrero is done, but Vlad’s agent is saying no way, nothing is further from the truth. Perchance there is something in between here? Enrique Rojas says there is: he has left the Jays’ Triple-A team in Las Vegas and has given the team an ultimatum:
After going 4-for-5 with a triple and two RBIs for Triple-A Las Vegas on Monday, Guerrero gathered his belongings and went to his home in Anaheim, Calif.
“Guerrero is ready to play today in the big leagues,” a source close to the nine-time All-Star said.
So maybe he is done. Maybe he isn’t. Guerrero was eligible to opt-out of his minor league deal as of yesterday. He has taken the first step towards doing that, it seems. Whether it’s accomplished depends on how the Blue Jays respond.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)