Jun 12, 2012, 12:52 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s all over. The Blue Jays have released Vlad Guerrero, at his request. He is a free agent.
12:00 PM: One reporter is saying that Vlad Guerrero is done, but Vlad’s agent is saying no way, nothing is further from the truth. Perchance there is something in between here? Enrique Rojas says there is: he has left the Jays’ Triple-A team in Las Vegas and has given the team an ultimatum:
After going 4-for-5 with a triple and two RBIs for Triple-A Las Vegas on Monday, Guerrero gathered his belongings and went to his home in Anaheim, Calif.
“Guerrero is ready to play today in the big leagues,” a source close to the nine-time All-Star said.
So maybe he is done. Maybe he isn’t. Guerrero was eligible to opt-out of his minor league deal as of yesterday. He has taken the first step towards doing that, it seems. Whether it’s accomplished depends on how the Blue Jays respond.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 3
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 81
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 59
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)