Jun 12, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
Get in line. Dempster is easily the most attractive rent-an-arm on the market at the moment, and he said he is willing to waive his 10-5 rights to move on from Chicago. If you’re the Cubs, you have to figure that you’re in the catbird seat here, as there is no rush to deal until every buyer identifies itself.
On the year Dempster is 2-3 but has a 2.31 ERA and has struck out 63 batters in 74 innings while walking 20.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)