Jun 12, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
Get in line. Dempster is easily the most attractive rent-an-arm on the market at the moment, and he said he is willing to waive his 10-5 rights to move on from Chicago. If you’re the Cubs, you have to figure that you’re in the catbird seat here, as there is no rush to deal until every buyer identifies itself.
On the year Dempster is 2-3 but has a 2.31 ERA and has struck out 63 batters in 74 innings while walking 20.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 30
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 35
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 36
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 43
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)