Jun 12, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Octavio Dotel has been on the active roster but unavailable to pitch because of an elbow injury for more than a week now, so today the Tigers finally decided to place him on the disabled list.
Officially his injury is listed as elbow inflammation. Dotel had tons of arm problems early in his career, but the well-traveled right-hander has been pretty healthy for a while now and continued to be very effective at age 38 with a .203 opponents’ batting average and 27 strikeouts in 18 innings for Detroit.
Because he hasn’t pitched since June 2 the DL stint is backdated, meaning Dotel could potentially return as soon as Monday. In the meantime Triple-A call-up Luke Putkonen takes his bullpen spot.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 47
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 99
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)