Jun 13, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
It’s obviously not a serious injury, but Dunn seems likely to remain sidelined for Thursday’s series finale in St. Louis given that the DH is not an option.
Dunn smashed his 21st home run of the season in Tuesday’s victory over the defending World Series champs. He’s hitting .227/.367/.565 with 47 RBI in 267 plate appearances this year for first-place Chicago.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12