Jun 13, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Within minutes of me writing about Anthony Rizzo’s incredible Triple-A numbers yesterday the Cubs first base prospect exited that afternoon’s game with a knee injury.
Rizzo slid into a fence chasing after a foul ball and limped off the field, but before Cubs fans accuse me of being a jinx there’s good news: He’s been diagnosed with merely a bruise and is day-to-day.
That means his season line will remain a .367 batting average with 22 homers and a 1.173 OPS for a while and the Cubs will have a temporary break from questions about why he’s still in the minors.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)