Jun 13, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Within minutes of me writing about Anthony Rizzo’s incredible Triple-A numbers yesterday the Cubs first base prospect exited that afternoon’s game with a knee injury.
Rizzo slid into a fence chasing after a foul ball and limped off the field, but before Cubs fans accuse me of being a jinx there’s good news: He’s been diagnosed with merely a bruise and is day-to-day.
That means his season line will remain a .367 batting average with 22 homers and a 1.173 OPS for a while and the Cubs will have a temporary break from questions about why he’s still in the minors.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming