Jun 13, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
It was listed at 438 feet, but it was way high when it hit that sign next to the restaurant level and would have had a lot more distance in it if it had been able to fly free. All the more impressive: he had to reach out a little to get to that breaking ball, which could have sapped some of his power.
And the legend grows. And if the homer wasn’t enough to make the legend grow, his response to a reporter’s question did.
He was asked after the game if — because it’s legal for 19 year-olds to drink in Canada — he was going to go get a celebratory beer. His response: “That’s a clown question, bro.”
So, so good. And if you think I’m not gonna beat that one into the ground over the next few weeks you’re simply not familiar with my work.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 4
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 39
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 79
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 9
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 66
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)