Jun 13, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
It was listed at 438 feet, but it was way high when it hit that sign next to the restaurant level and would have had a lot more distance in it if it had been able to fly free. All the more impressive: he had to reach out a little to get to that breaking ball, which could have sapped some of his power.
And the legend grows. And if the homer wasn’t enough to make the legend grow, his response to a reporter’s question did.
He was asked after the game if — because it’s legal for 19 year-olds to drink in Canada — he was going to go get a celebratory beer. His response: “That’s a clown question, bro.”
So, so good. And if you think I’m not gonna beat that one into the ground over the next few weeks you’re simply not familiar with my work.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)