Jun 13, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
It was listed at 438 feet, but it was way high when it hit that sign next to the restaurant level and would have had a lot more distance in it if it had been able to fly free. All the more impressive: he had to reach out a little to get to that breaking ball, which could have sapped some of his power.
And the legend grows. And if the homer wasn’t enough to make the legend grow, his response to a reporter’s question did.
He was asked after the game if — because it’s legal for 19 year-olds to drink in Canada — he was going to go get a celebratory beer. His response: “That’s a clown question, bro.”
So, so good. And if you think I’m not gonna beat that one into the ground over the next few weeks you’re simply not familiar with my work.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (95)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)