Jun 13, 2012, 8:49 AM EST
It was listed at 438 feet, but it was way high when it hit that sign next to the restaurant level and would have had a lot more distance in it if it had been able to fly free. All the more impressive: he had to reach out a little to get to that breaking ball, which could have sapped some of his power.
And the legend grows. And if the homer wasn’t enough to make the legend grow, his response to a reporter’s question did.
He was asked after the game if — because it’s legal for 19 year-olds to drink in Canada — he was going to go get a celebratory beer. His response: “That’s a clown question, bro.”
So, so good. And if you think I’m not gonna beat that one into the ground over the next few weeks you’re simply not familiar with my work.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)