Jun 13, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Charlie Manuel was on MLB Network Radio a little while ago and he said he expects Chase Utley to return either July 2, 3, or 4.
I assume by then his bat will be in better order than it was in his 0 for 5 game yesterday. The real question, of course, is not the bat, but how he does at second base. Which is what really aggravated his knee in the past.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with apparent elbow injury 0
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 11
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)