Jun 13, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
After a brief minor-league rehab assignment for a strained oblique muscle David Robertson is ready to return from the disabled list.
Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York reports that Robertson will join the Yankees in Atlanta tonight and then be activated from the DL in time to be available for Friday’s game against the Nationals.
Robertson threw a pair of scoreless innings on his rehab stint at Triple-A, allowing zero baserunners and striking out one batter in each outing. He last pitched for the Yankees on May 11.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)