Jun 13, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
After a brief minor-league rehab assignment for a strained oblique muscle David Robertson is ready to return from the disabled list.
Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York reports that Robertson will join the Yankees in Atlanta tonight and then be activated from the DL in time to be available for Friday’s game against the Nationals.
Robertson threw a pair of scoreless innings on his rehab stint at Triple-A, allowing zero baserunners and striking out one batter in each outing. He last pitched for the Yankees on May 11.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)