Jun 13, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
After a brief minor-league rehab assignment for a strained oblique muscle David Robertson is ready to return from the disabled list.
Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York reports that Robertson will join the Yankees in Atlanta tonight and then be activated from the DL in time to be available for Friday’s game against the Nationals.
Robertson threw a pair of scoreless innings on his rehab stint at Triple-A, allowing zero baserunners and striking out one batter in each outing. He last pitched for the Yankees on May 11.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 109
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 153
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)