Jun 13, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
After a brief minor-league rehab assignment for a strained oblique muscle David Robertson is ready to return from the disabled list.
Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York reports that Robertson will join the Yankees in Atlanta tonight and then be activated from the DL in time to be available for Friday’s game against the Nationals.
Robertson threw a pair of scoreless innings on his rehab stint at Triple-A, allowing zero baserunners and striking out one batter in each outing. He last pitched for the Yankees on May 11.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)