Jun 13, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
San Francisco and No. 20 overall pick Chris Stratton have agreed to a deal for the exact slot amount of $1.85 million.
Stratton told Jay Lee of MLB.com that he wanted to sign as quickly as possible to get started on his pro career right away and as an experienced college pitcher who faced strong competition at Mississippi State he should move rapidly through the Giants’ farm system.
Stratton led the SEC in ERA and ranked second in strikeouts this season, ranking as the 18th-best player in the draft class according to Baseball America.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)