Jun 13, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
San Francisco and No. 20 overall pick Chris Stratton have agreed to a deal for the exact slot amount of $1.85 million.
Stratton told Jay Lee of MLB.com that he wanted to sign as quickly as possible to get started on his pro career right away and as an experienced college pitcher who faced strong competition at Mississippi State he should move rapidly through the Giants’ farm system.
Stratton led the SEC in ERA and ranked second in strikeouts this season, ranking as the 18th-best player in the draft class according to Baseball America.
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 4
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 5
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 25
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 26
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- NBA: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit