Jun 13, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
San Francisco and No. 20 overall pick Chris Stratton have agreed to a deal for the exact slot amount of $1.85 million.
Stratton told Jay Lee of MLB.com that he wanted to sign as quickly as possible to get started on his pro career right away and as an experienced college pitcher who faced strong competition at Mississippi State he should move rapidly through the Giants’ farm system.
Stratton led the SEC in ERA and ranked second in strikeouts this season, ranking as the 18th-best player in the draft class according to Baseball America.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)