Jun 13, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Some of them, like Ford, are thriving as they try to make it back to the majors one last time, but the 38-year-old Tejada is struggling.
He’s yet to homer in 24 games and the former MVP is hitting .270 with a measly .625 OPS while playing third base. Tejada batted just .259 with a .660 OPS in 247 games as a part-timer for the Padres, Orioles, and Giants during the previous two seasons, so it seems pretty safe to say he’s finished.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)