Jun 13, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Some of them, like Ford, are thriving as they try to make it back to the majors one last time, but the 38-year-old Tejada is struggling.
He’s yet to homer in 24 games and the former MVP is hitting .270 with a measly .625 OPS while playing third base. Tejada batted just .259 with a .660 OPS in 247 games as a part-timer for the Padres, Orioles, and Giants during the previous two seasons, so it seems pretty safe to say he’s finished.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)