Jun 13, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
No, that’s not some figure of speech. It’s a literal description:
There was a big pot of chicken soup in the dining area of the Cincinnati Reds’ clubhouse on Wednesday. Several players were in the trainer’s room getting intravenous fluids.
A day after a stomach virus went through the team, the Reds were starting to feel better.
The Reds were still missing shortstop Zack Cozart and had to change their pitching plans for the second game of a series against the Cleveland Indians on Wednesday. Mat Latos started in place of Mike Leake, who was weak after not eating for a day. Cozart was out for the second straight game.
On the bright side, after today, I bet the Reds are no longer 11th in the NL in runs.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)