Jun 13, 2012, 5:31 PM EST
No, that’s not some figure of speech. It’s a literal description:
There was a big pot of chicken soup in the dining area of the Cincinnati Reds’ clubhouse on Wednesday. Several players were in the trainer’s room getting intravenous fluids.
A day after a stomach virus went through the team, the Reds were starting to feel better.
The Reds were still missing shortstop Zack Cozart and had to change their pitching plans for the second game of a series against the Cleveland Indians on Wednesday. Mat Latos started in place of Mike Leake, who was weak after not eating for a day. Cozart was out for the second straight game.
On the bright side, after today, I bet the Reds are no longer 11th in the NL in runs.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 48
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 187
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (203)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)