Jun 13, 2012, 9:41 PM EDT
This is hardly a report or even a rumor, but we’ll pass it along anyway. From FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi:
#Tigers interest in free agent Vladimir Guerrero is lukewarm, source says. Not clear if they will pursue him at this point.
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) June 13, 2012
The Tigers have stuck with their plan of starting Miguel Cabrera at third base and could maybe fit Vlad into the lineup as a part-time DH. But he’s doubtful to be a significant upgrade over Detroit’s current roster options.
Guerrero was granted his release by the Blue Jays earlier this week after registering an underwhelming .739 OPS and no home runs across 35 plate appearances at Triple-A Las Vegas. The 37-year-old veteran owns a stellar .318/.379/.553 career major league batting line, but he’s barely capable of playing the outfield at this point in his career and could struggle to latch on with another organization.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)