Jun 13, 2012, 9:41 PM EDT
This is hardly a report or even a rumor, but we’ll pass it along anyway. From FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi:
#Tigers interest in free agent Vladimir Guerrero is lukewarm, source says. Not clear if they will pursue him at this point.
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) June 13, 2012
The Tigers have stuck with their plan of starting Miguel Cabrera at third base and could maybe fit Vlad into the lineup as a part-time DH. But he’s doubtful to be a significant upgrade over Detroit’s current roster options.
Guerrero was granted his release by the Blue Jays earlier this week after registering an underwhelming .739 OPS and no home runs across 35 plate appearances at Triple-A Las Vegas. The 37-year-old veteran owns a stellar .318/.379/.553 career major league batting line, but he’s barely capable of playing the outfield at this point in his career and could struggle to latch on with another organization.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 4
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 39
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 79
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 9
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 66
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)