Jun 13, 2012, 9:41 PM EDT
This is hardly a report or even a rumor, but we’ll pass it along anyway. From FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi:
#Tigers interest in free agent Vladimir Guerrero is lukewarm, source says. Not clear if they will pursue him at this point.
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) June 13, 2012
The Tigers have stuck with their plan of starting Miguel Cabrera at third base and could maybe fit Vlad into the lineup as a part-time DH. But he’s doubtful to be a significant upgrade over Detroit’s current roster options.
Guerrero was granted his release by the Blue Jays earlier this week after registering an underwhelming .739 OPS and no home runs across 35 plate appearances at Triple-A Las Vegas. The 37-year-old veteran owns a stellar .318/.379/.553 career major league batting line, but he’s barely capable of playing the outfield at this point in his career and could struggle to latch on with another organization.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 24
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)