Jun 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
Troy Tulowitzki began his minor-league rehab assignment with a bang today at Triple-A, homering in his first at-bat and singling in his second trip to the plate, but unfortunately he then left the game.
Thomas Harding of MLB.com reports that Tulowitzki aggravated his groin injury and will travel back to Denver to be examined by team doctors.
Tulowitzki has already missed two weeks with the injury, so this setback seemingly could knock him out for the rest of the month. As of yesterday the Rockies were hoping he’d only need 2-3 games at Triple-A before being ready to come off the disabled list.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 41
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)