Jun 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Troy Tulowitzki began his minor-league rehab assignment with a bang today at Triple-A, homering in his first at-bat and singling in his second trip to the plate, but unfortunately he then left the game.
Thomas Harding of MLB.com reports that Tulowitzki aggravated his groin injury and will travel back to Denver to be examined by team doctors.
Tulowitzki has already missed two weeks with the injury, so this setback seemingly could knock him out for the rest of the month. As of yesterday the Rockies were hoping he’d only need 2-3 games at Triple-A before being ready to come off the disabled list.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)