Jun 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
Troy Tulowitzki began his minor-league rehab assignment with a bang today at Triple-A, homering in his first at-bat and singling in his second trip to the plate, but unfortunately he then left the game.
Thomas Harding of MLB.com reports that Tulowitzki aggravated his groin injury and will travel back to Denver to be examined by team doctors.
Tulowitzki has already missed two weeks with the injury, so this setback seemingly could knock him out for the rest of the month. As of yesterday the Rockies were hoping he’d only need 2-3 games at Triple-A before being ready to come off the disabled list.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)