Jun 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Troy Tulowitzki began his minor-league rehab assignment with a bang today at Triple-A, homering in his first at-bat and singling in his second trip to the plate, but unfortunately he then left the game.
Thomas Harding of MLB.com reports that Tulowitzki aggravated his groin injury and will travel back to Denver to be examined by team doctors.
Tulowitzki has already missed two weeks with the injury, so this setback seemingly could knock him out for the rest of the month. As of yesterday the Rockies were hoping he’d only need 2-3 games at Triple-A before being ready to come off the disabled list.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)