Jun 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Troy Tulowitzki began his minor-league rehab assignment with a bang today at Triple-A, homering in his first at-bat and singling in his second trip to the plate, but unfortunately he then left the game.
Thomas Harding of MLB.com reports that Tulowitzki aggravated his groin injury and will travel back to Denver to be examined by team doctors.
Tulowitzki has already missed two weeks with the injury, so this setback seemingly could knock him out for the rest of the month. As of yesterday the Rockies were hoping he’d only need 2-3 games at Triple-A before being ready to come off the disabled list.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)