Jun 14, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Sure, Tigers fans will say all kinds of things about the Raburn thing because he seems to have replaced Brandon Inge as The Irrational Focus of Passions on that team, but these moves are relatively minor.
I highlight them, however, because for the second straight day we’re suffering from a serious letdown. Last night, after the game, manager Jim Leyland said, when asked about possible changes with the team “we’ve got a lot going on. If I were you guys, I’d be here early.”
I’m sure the Tigers beat writers were totally jacked to find out that they got to the ballpark early for Ryan Raburn and Drew Smyly.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)