Jun 14, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Fister has spent two stints on the DL with a strained left side, the latest of which has sidelined him since May 29.
In between the DL trips he started six games with a 3.15 ERA and the Tigers’ rotation can certainly use the help at this point. Even with Justin Verlander atop the rotation Detroit starters rank just 22nd in ERA and every starter not named Verlander has a 5.03 ERA.
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 14
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)