Jun 14, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
“I’m not denying nothing. I didn’t order anyone to hit him. I told (Mat Latos) to buzz him and make him uncomfortable. That’s what happened. Nobody hit him. Then he hit our guy … What he was talking about was something that he said and did a few years. You got to ask him what that was … Go ask him since he made it public … The word was whatever he did and said probably there was a good chance he was drinking at the ballpark and he don’t remember what he said or what he did.”
For what it’s worth, Baker tends to be a pretty thoughtful and mild-mannered guy. Quiet, even. So to hear all this, especially the “he was probably drinking in the clubhouse” stuff suggests that Lowe REALLY pissed him off somehow.
For his part, Lowe said he was done talking and would offer nothing else today. So … Dusty wins? I think Dusty wins.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)