Jun 14, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
UPDATE: Brantley hit a double in the top of the 7th. The streak lives on.
2:30 PM: Things no one apart from Indians fans seemed to realize: Indians outfielder Michael Brantley has a 20-game hitting steak going. That’s tied for the longest in baseball this season and the longest Indian streak since Casey Blake hit in 26 straight in 2007. During that time Brantley is hitting .346 with 15 RBIs.
But as of this post going live, it’s in danger. The Indians are playing the Reds as we speak and, as of the bottom of the fifth, Brantley is 0 for 3. The ball is flying all over Great American Ballpark, though — the Reds are leading the Tribe 9-3 and there have been 21 hits so far — so there’s hope.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)