Jun 14, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: Brantley hit a double in the top of the 7th. The streak lives on.
2:30 PM: Things no one apart from Indians fans seemed to realize: Indians outfielder Michael Brantley has a 20-game hitting steak going. That’s tied for the longest in baseball this season and the longest Indian streak since Casey Blake hit in 26 straight in 2007. During that time Brantley is hitting .346 with 15 RBIs.
But as of this post going live, it’s in danger. The Indians are playing the Reds as we speak and, as of the bottom of the fifth, Brantley is 0 for 3. The ball is flying all over Great American Ballpark, though — the Reds are leading the Tribe 9-3 and there have been 21 hits so far — so there’s hope.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 60
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)