Jun 14, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Chavez suffered the injury Tuesday and said repeatedly that he could avoid the DL, but the Orioles decided it wasn’t worth playing short-handed in the hopes a part-time player could return sooner than 15 days.
It also didn’t help Chavez’s case that he’s hitting .162 after resurrecting his career last season with a .301 batting average and .749 OPS in 83 games for the Rangers.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)