Jun 14, 2012, 10:29 AM EDT
Paul Lukas of Uni Watch, as he often does, asked readers to redesign the Houston Astros uniforms. And, not surprisingly given their name and past colors and iconography readers had to work with, the submissions are fantastic.
My only quibble: so few of the submissions use the classic star-H logo, which is almost impossible to beat. It’s just so perfect and satisfying, and even if I’ve never totally loved the Astros uniforms overall, I can’t think of an isolated design element I like more than the old Star-H.
Although if they adopted the cap shown in this submission, I bet they’d sell a billion of them to dudes like me who watch “Deep Space Nine” and “Battlestar Galactica” on the treadmill every morning.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 11
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 120
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 72
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)