Jun 14, 2012, 10:29 AM EDT
Paul Lukas of Uni Watch, as he often does, asked readers to redesign the Houston Astros uniforms. And, not surprisingly given their name and past colors and iconography readers had to work with, the submissions are fantastic.
My only quibble: so few of the submissions use the classic star-H logo, which is almost impossible to beat. It’s just so perfect and satisfying, and even if I’ve never totally loved the Astros uniforms overall, I can’t think of an isolated design element I like more than the old Star-H.
Although if they adopted the cap shown in this submission, I bet they’d sell a billion of them to dudes like me who watch “Deep Space Nine” and “Battlestar Galactica” on the treadmill every morning.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)