Jun 14, 2012, 10:29 AM EDT
Paul Lukas of Uni Watch, as he often does, asked readers to redesign the Houston Astros uniforms. And, not surprisingly given their name and past colors and iconography readers had to work with, the submissions are fantastic.
My only quibble: so few of the submissions use the classic star-H logo, which is almost impossible to beat. It’s just so perfect and satisfying, and even if I’ve never totally loved the Astros uniforms overall, I can’t think of an isolated design element I like more than the old Star-H.
Although if they adopted the cap shown in this submission, I bet they’d sell a billion of them to dudes like me who watch “Deep Space Nine” and “Battlestar Galactica” on the treadmill every morning.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 67
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 45
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106