Jun 15, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
The Cubs seem totally focused on trading Ryan Dempster — why wouldn’t they be? — and today Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times says that two teams — the Dodgers and the Yankees — are showing interest.
We knew about the Dodgers’ interest. The Yankees is new, though obviously not surprising. Starting pitching depth seems like a big need for them, and Dempster — who has a 2.31 ERA and a 63/20 K/BB ratio in 74 innings — is clearly the best one available on the market.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 7
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 20
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 49
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 26
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 11
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)