Jun 15, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
The Cubs seem totally focused on trading Ryan Dempster — why wouldn’t they be? — and today Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times says that two teams — the Dodgers and the Yankees — are showing interest.
We knew about the Dodgers’ interest. The Yankees is new, though obviously not surprising. Starting pitching depth seems like a big need for them, and Dempster — who has a 2.31 ERA and a 63/20 K/BB ratio in 74 innings — is clearly the best one available on the market.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)