Jun 15, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
The Cubs seem totally focused on trading Ryan Dempster — why wouldn’t they be? — and today Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times says that two teams — the Dodgers and the Yankees — are showing interest.
We knew about the Dodgers’ interest. The Yankees is new, though obviously not surprising. Starting pitching depth seems like a big need for them, and Dempster — who has a 2.31 ERA and a 63/20 K/BB ratio in 74 innings — is clearly the best one available on the market.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)