Jun 15, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Cleveland and first-round pick Tyler Naquin have agreed to a $1.75 million deal that’s substantially below the slot figure of $2.25 million for the 15th overall pick, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America.
Naquin was the second college hitter off the board after Florida catcher Mike Zunino at No. 3 overall and by signing him below slot the Indians can potentially invest that $500,000 savings in another pick with more leverage.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)