Jun 15, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Cleveland and first-round pick Tyler Naquin have agreed to a $1.75 million deal that’s substantially below the slot figure of $2.25 million for the 15th overall pick, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America.
Naquin was the second college hitter off the board after Florida catcher Mike Zunino at No. 3 overall and by signing him below slot the Indians can potentially invest that $500,000 savings in another pick with more leverage.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Serena Williams sorry after rape case comments