Jun 15, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Cleveland and first-round pick Tyler Naquin have agreed to a $1.75 million deal that’s substantially below the slot figure of $2.25 million for the 15th overall pick, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America.
Naquin was the second college hitter off the board after Florida catcher Mike Zunino at No. 3 overall and by signing him below slot the Indians can potentially invest that $500,000 savings in another pick with more leverage.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)