Jun 15, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
The Phillies have ruled out the possibility of Jim Thome playing first base this year. They may want to reconsider that. Or at least try to figure out a way to get his bat into the lineup after interleague play is over and he can’t DH anymore, because the guy is on fire.
Thome hit a three-run homer last night against the Twins. Over the last six games — all interleague games in AL parks — he’s hitting 11 for 24 with three home runs and 13 runs batted in.
I suppose he’d be attractive to an AL team with DH problems at this point, even if he wouldn’t bring much in return at his age. Kind of a shame that the man who, more than almost anyone else, was born to DH can’t DH every day in what may very well be the last year of his career.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?