Jun 15, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Bad news for the Rangers: Josh Hamilton has been hospitalized with an intestinal virus. He’s going to remain in the hospital for the next 12 to 24 hours while receiving fluids. He’s not expected to be placed on the disabled list.
Leonys Martin recalled from Round Rock to take Hamilton’s place in the outfield.
Here’s hoping Hamilton doesn’t get sapped too much in the meantime and can make a speedy return.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 110
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 52
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (114)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)