Jun 15, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Bad news for the Rangers: Josh Hamilton has been hospitalized with an intestinal virus. He’s going to remain in the hospital for the next 12 to 24 hours while receiving fluids. He’s not expected to be placed on the disabled list.
Leonys Martin recalled from Round Rock to take Hamilton’s place in the outfield.
Here’s hoping Hamilton doesn’t get sapped too much in the meantime and can make a speedy return.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 71
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)