Jun 15, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Bad news for the Rangers: Josh Hamilton has been hospitalized with an intestinal virus. He’s going to remain in the hospital for the next 12 to 24 hours while receiving fluids. He’s not expected to be placed on the disabled list.
Leonys Martin recalled from Round Rock to take Hamilton’s place in the outfield.
Here’s hoping Hamilton doesn’t get sapped too much in the meantime and can make a speedy return.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 5
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)