Jun 15, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Bad news for the Rangers: Josh Hamilton has been hospitalized with an intestinal virus. He’s going to remain in the hospital for the next 12 to 24 hours while receiving fluids. He’s not expected to be placed on the disabled list.
Leonys Martin recalled from Round Rock to take Hamilton’s place in the outfield.
Here’s hoping Hamilton doesn’t get sapped too much in the meantime and can make a speedy return.
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 9
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 14
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 23
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 30
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 82
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 60
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)