Jun 15, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Bad news for the Rangers: Josh Hamilton has been hospitalized with an intestinal virus. He’s going to remain in the hospital for the next 12 to 24 hours while receiving fluids. He’s not expected to be placed on the disabled list.
Leonys Martin recalled from Round Rock to take Hamilton’s place in the outfield.
Here’s hoping Hamilton doesn’t get sapped too much in the meantime and can make a speedy return.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)