Jun 15, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
I’m guessing Mark Grace’s prediction of Jason Kubel hitting a homer was more a function of optimistic homerism than it was actual insight or clairvoyance, but it’s still pretty cool.
And I bet Grace was absolutely insufferable about it for the rest of the night too. As would I be. Really, I’d be rubbing that stuff in everyone’s face all evening and demanding that they give me kudos and regards.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)