Jun 15, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reports that the Blue Jays are “particularly interested” in Justin Morneau. Worth noting that no one has reported that the Twins are particularly interested in trading him, but I suppose these things gotta start someplace.
As for the Jays or anyone else interested in Morneau: his power is OK as he has ten homers and is slugging .489, but he’s also hitting a mere .241 with a .313 OBP overall, suggesting he’s nailing mistakes but not much else. He’s hammering righties, but lefties are like kryptonite to him: he’s 6 for 62 against them. And he’s owed $14 million in 2013. Not sure that’s an attractive gamble for anyone.
And while we’re on the subject, here’s a feature about Morneau from Jeff Passan, outlining his struggles and his hope to regain his past form.
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 3
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 31
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 56
- Apparently MLB is going to ignore Alex Sanabia throwing a spitball 40
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (108)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings