Jun 16, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
Brandon Beachy reported feeling soreness in his right elbow after allowing two earned runs in five innings last Friday night against the Blue Jays, so the Braves gave him an extra three days of rest leading into tonight’s matchup with the Orioles.
But that strategy wasn’t very successful.
Beachy was lifted in the fourth inning Saturday after suffering an apparent setback with his elbow.
The 25-year-old right-hander threw 57 pitches over 3 2/3 innings, striking out five batters and walking only one before giving way to reliever Anthony Varvaro.
Beachy has registered a 2.00 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 68/29 K/BB ratio across 81 innings this season.
UPDATE, 9:01 PM: The Braves have confirmed that Beachy is dealing with more elbow soreness.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 18
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 3
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 36
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)