Jun 16, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
Brandon Beachy reported feeling soreness in his right elbow after allowing two earned runs in five innings last Friday night against the Blue Jays, so the Braves gave him an extra three days of rest leading into tonight’s matchup with the Orioles.
But that strategy wasn’t very successful.
Beachy was lifted in the fourth inning Saturday after suffering an apparent setback with his elbow.
The 25-year-old right-hander threw 57 pitches over 3 2/3 innings, striking out five batters and walking only one before giving way to reliever Anthony Varvaro.
Beachy has registered a 2.00 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 68/29 K/BB ratio across 81 innings this season.
UPDATE, 9:01 PM: The Braves have confirmed that Beachy is dealing with more elbow soreness.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)