Jun 16, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
Brandon Beachy reported feeling soreness in his right elbow after allowing two earned runs in five innings last Friday night against the Blue Jays, so the Braves gave him an extra three days of rest leading into tonight’s matchup with the Orioles.
But that strategy wasn’t very successful.
Beachy was lifted in the fourth inning Saturday after suffering an apparent setback with his elbow.
The 25-year-old right-hander threw 57 pitches over 3 2/3 innings, striking out five batters and walking only one before giving way to reliever Anthony Varvaro.
Beachy has registered a 2.00 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 68/29 K/BB ratio across 81 innings this season.
UPDATE, 9:01 PM: The Braves have confirmed that Beachy is dealing with more elbow soreness.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 2
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (92)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)