Jun 16, 2012, 10:08 PM EDT
White Sox left-hander John Danks felt renewed discomfort in his throwing shoulder after making a start last week at Triple-A Charlotte, but a visit with Dr. Lewis Yocum this weekend turned up “no bad news” and the starter should be cleared to resume his rehab work at some point in the near future.
This via Mark D. Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune.
Danks is still dealing with inflammation and could need more than a week of rest, but the good news is he has no major structural damage. The 27-year-old had a 5.70 ERA and 1.49 WHIP in 53 2/3 innings this season before experiencing the shoulder issues.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (81)