Jun 16, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
The Nationals dropped the series opener against the Yankees last night in D.C., but they remain one of the most interesting stories in baseball this season.
Adam LaRoche has played a big part in the Nationals’ early success, hitting .261 with 11 homers, 42 RBI and an .848 OPS through 56 games after being limited to just 43 games last year due to shoulder surgery.
The veteran first baseman made an appearance on NBC Sports Talk last night, where he talked about what he sees in 19-year-old rookie Bryce Harper, the possibility of playing in the postseason and whether the Nationals should shut down Stephen Strasburg if they are making a run. It’s not too hard to guess what he thinks about that last one.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (95)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)