Jun 17, 2012, 9:47 AM EDT
From beat writer Brian McTaggart of MLB.com comes word that the Astros have activated veteran slugger Carlos Lee from the 15-day disabled list and optioned Brett Wallace back to Triple-A Oklahoma City in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
Lee missed exactly 15 days with a strained left hamstring. He returns to a decent .297/.348/.411 slash line, four homers, eight doubles and 23 RBI.
Wallace batted .333/.415/.583 in 11 games (42 plate appearances) with Houston while displaying an improved approach and physique. The 25-year-old former first-round pick of the Cardinals should get another crack at major league action later this summer.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)