Jun 17, 2012, 9:47 AM EST
From beat writer Brian McTaggart of MLB.com comes word that the Astros have activated veteran slugger Carlos Lee from the 15-day disabled list and optioned Brett Wallace back to Triple-A Oklahoma City in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
Lee missed exactly 15 days with a strained left hamstring. He returns to a decent .297/.348/.411 slash line, four homers, eight doubles and 23 RBI.
Wallace batted .333/.415/.583 in 11 games (42 plate appearances) with Houston while displaying an improved approach and physique. The 25-year-old former first-round pick of the Cardinals should get another crack at major league action later this summer.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)