Jun 17, 2012, 9:47 AM EDT
From beat writer Brian McTaggart of MLB.com comes word that the Astros have activated veteran slugger Carlos Lee from the 15-day disabled list and optioned Brett Wallace back to Triple-A Oklahoma City in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
Lee missed exactly 15 days with a strained left hamstring. He returns to a decent .297/.348/.411 slash line, four homers, eight doubles and 23 RBI.
Wallace batted .333/.415/.583 in 11 games (42 plate appearances) with Houston while displaying an improved approach and physique. The 25-year-old former first-round pick of the Cardinals should get another crack at major league action later this summer.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)