Jun 17, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
If you’ve ever wondered whether Bartolo Colon has oblique muscles, well, now we know for sure.
Colon injured his in the third inning fielding a sac bunt Sunday against the Padres. He left after a short discussion with the trainer and was replaced by Pedro Figueroa.
Coming off back-to-back wins, Colon entered the day 6-6 with a 4.21 ERA on the season. His injury, assuming that it costs him some time, will leave Tommy Milone as the only A’s starter to have made all of his starts this season. Fortunately, the A’s will get Brandon McCarthy back this week. Tyson Ross, who started Saturday and then was sent down in anticipation of McCarthy’s return, could be brought back to replace Colon.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 22
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 24
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 32
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (119)