Jun 17, 2012, 6:21 PM EST
If you’ve ever wondered whether Bartolo Colon has oblique muscles, well, now we know for sure.
Colon injured his in the third inning fielding a sac bunt Sunday against the Padres. He left after a short discussion with the trainer and was replaced by Pedro Figueroa.
Coming off back-to-back wins, Colon entered the day 6-6 with a 4.21 ERA on the season. His injury, assuming that it costs him some time, will leave Tommy Milone as the only A’s starter to have made all of his starts this season. Fortunately, the A’s will get Brandon McCarthy back this week. Tyson Ross, who started Saturday and then was sent down in anticipation of McCarthy’s return, could be brought back to replace Colon.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)