Jun 17, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
If you’ve ever wondered whether Bartolo Colon has oblique muscles, well, now we know for sure.
Colon injured his in the third inning fielding a sac bunt Sunday against the Padres. He left after a short discussion with the trainer and was replaced by Pedro Figueroa.
Coming off back-to-back wins, Colon entered the day 6-6 with a 4.21 ERA on the season. His injury, assuming that it costs him some time, will leave Tommy Milone as the only A’s starter to have made all of his starts this season. Fortunately, the A’s will get Brandon McCarthy back this week. Tyson Ross, who started Saturday and then was sent down in anticipation of McCarthy’s return, could be brought back to replace Colon.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 25
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)