Jun 17, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
If you’ve ever wondered whether Bartolo Colon has oblique muscles, well, now we know for sure.
Colon injured his in the third inning fielding a sac bunt Sunday against the Padres. He left after a short discussion with the trainer and was replaced by Pedro Figueroa.
Coming off back-to-back wins, Colon entered the day 6-6 with a 4.21 ERA on the season. His injury, assuming that it costs him some time, will leave Tommy Milone as the only A’s starter to have made all of his starts this season. Fortunately, the A’s will get Brandon McCarthy back this week. Tyson Ross, who started Saturday and then was sent down in anticipation of McCarthy’s return, could be brought back to replace Colon.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 20
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)