Jun 17, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
If you’ve ever wondered whether Bartolo Colon has oblique muscles, well, now we know for sure.
Colon injured his in the third inning fielding a sac bunt Sunday against the Padres. He left after a short discussion with the trainer and was replaced by Pedro Figueroa.
Coming off back-to-back wins, Colon entered the day 6-6 with a 4.21 ERA on the season. His injury, assuming that it costs him some time, will leave Tommy Milone as the only A’s starter to have made all of his starts this season. Fortunately, the A’s will get Brandon McCarthy back this week. Tyson Ross, who started Saturday and then was sent down in anticipation of McCarthy’s return, could be brought back to replace Colon.
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)