Jun 17, 2012, 3:56 PM EST
The Astros placed right-hander Bud Norris on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with a sprained left knee and called up left-hander Dallas Keuchel from Triple-A Oklahoma City in a corresponding roster move.
This according to MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart.
Norris suffered the knee injury Tuesday during his start against the Giants. He’s hoping that the extended period of rest will help his performance.
“I’m frustrated,” Norris said Sunday. “Nobody wants to go on the DL, but I know I need to get this thing right, because once I get it right I can pitch the way I was capable of pitching the first 10, 15 starts. … I’ve been trying to go out there and pitch at 80 percent.”
The owner of a solid 3.77 ERA in 186 innings last year has registered a poor 4.81 ERA through 73 frames here in 2012. His K/9 is soaring at a would-be career-high 10.0, but the consistency has been lacking.
Keuchel is making his major league debut on Sunday afternoon against a dangerous Rangers team.
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (76)