Jun 17, 2012, 3:56 PM EST
The Astros placed right-hander Bud Norris on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with a sprained left knee and called up left-hander Dallas Keuchel from Triple-A Oklahoma City in a corresponding roster move.
This according to MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart.
Norris suffered the knee injury Tuesday during his start against the Giants. He’s hoping that the extended period of rest will help his performance.
“I’m frustrated,” Norris said Sunday. “Nobody wants to go on the DL, but I know I need to get this thing right, because once I get it right I can pitch the way I was capable of pitching the first 10, 15 starts. … I’ve been trying to go out there and pitch at 80 percent.”
The owner of a solid 3.77 ERA in 186 innings last year has registered a poor 4.81 ERA through 73 frames here in 2012. His K/9 is soaring at a would-be career-high 10.0, but the consistency has been lacking.
Keuchel is making his major league debut on Sunday afternoon against a dangerous Rangers team.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)