Jun 17, 2012, 3:56 PM EDT
The Astros placed right-hander Bud Norris on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with a sprained left knee and called up left-hander Dallas Keuchel from Triple-A Oklahoma City in a corresponding roster move.
This according to MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart.
Norris suffered the knee injury Tuesday during his start against the Giants. He’s hoping that the extended period of rest will help his performance.
“I’m frustrated,” Norris said Sunday. “Nobody wants to go on the DL, but I know I need to get this thing right, because once I get it right I can pitch the way I was capable of pitching the first 10, 15 starts. … I’ve been trying to go out there and pitch at 80 percent.”
The owner of a solid 3.77 ERA in 186 innings last year has registered a poor 4.81 ERA through 73 frames here in 2012. His K/9 is soaring at a would-be career-high 10.0, but the consistency has been lacking.
Keuchel is making his major league debut on Sunday afternoon against a dangerous Rangers team.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 30
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 38
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 51
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)