Jun 17, 2012, 3:56 PM EDT
The Astros placed right-hander Bud Norris on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with a sprained left knee and called up left-hander Dallas Keuchel from Triple-A Oklahoma City in a corresponding roster move.
This according to MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart.
Norris suffered the knee injury Tuesday during his start against the Giants. He’s hoping that the extended period of rest will help his performance.
“I’m frustrated,” Norris said Sunday. “Nobody wants to go on the DL, but I know I need to get this thing right, because once I get it right I can pitch the way I was capable of pitching the first 10, 15 starts. … I’ve been trying to go out there and pitch at 80 percent.”
The owner of a solid 3.77 ERA in 186 innings last year has registered a poor 4.81 ERA through 73 frames here in 2012. His K/9 is soaring at a would-be career-high 10.0, but the consistency has been lacking.
Keuchel is making his major league debut on Sunday afternoon against a dangerous Rangers team.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 8
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (86)