Jun 17, 2012, 10:32 AM EDT
Things are looking up for Josh Hamilton, who was hospitalized Friday evening with an intestinal virus.
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Hamilton was released from a local hospital Saturday after receiving intravenous fluids overnight. He’ll work out Sunday at Rangers Ballpark before heading out to San Diego with the team for a three-game series that begins Monday night.
“Hopefully he’ll be ready to go when we get to San Diego,” said Rangers manager Ron Washington.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 10
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 32
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)