Jun 17, 2012, 10:32 AM EDT
Things are looking up for Josh Hamilton, who was hospitalized Friday evening with an intestinal virus.
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Hamilton was released from a local hospital Saturday after receiving intravenous fluids overnight. He’ll work out Sunday at Rangers Ballpark before heading out to San Diego with the team for a three-game series that begins Monday night.
“Hopefully he’ll be ready to go when we get to San Diego,” said Rangers manager Ron Washington.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 72
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47