Jun 17, 2012, 10:32 AM EDT
Things are looking up for Josh Hamilton, who was hospitalized Friday evening with an intestinal virus.
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Hamilton was released from a local hospital Saturday after receiving intravenous fluids overnight. He’ll work out Sunday at Rangers Ballpark before heading out to San Diego with the team for a three-game series that begins Monday night.
“Hopefully he’ll be ready to go when we get to San Diego,” said Rangers manager Ron Washington.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)