Jun 17, 2012, 10:32 AM EST
Things are looking up for Josh Hamilton, who was hospitalized Friday evening with an intestinal virus.
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Hamilton was released from a local hospital Saturday after receiving intravenous fluids overnight. He’ll work out Sunday at Rangers Ballpark before heading out to San Diego with the team for a three-game series that begins Monday night.
“Hopefully he’ll be ready to go when we get to San Diego,” said Rangers manager Ron Washington.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 47
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 23
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 49
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)