Jun 17, 2012, 10:32 AM EST
Things are looking up for Josh Hamilton, who was hospitalized Friday evening with an intestinal virus.
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Hamilton was released from a local hospital Saturday after receiving intravenous fluids overnight. He’ll work out Sunday at Rangers Ballpark before heading out to San Diego with the team for a three-game series that begins Monday night.
“Hopefully he’ll be ready to go when we get to San Diego,” said Rangers manager Ron Washington.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 31
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)