Jun 17, 2012, 7:20 PM EDT
Matt Kemp was placed back on the DL 18 days ago with a strained left hamstring, and there’s currently no timetable for his return. Still, that didn’t stop him from tackling Dee Gordon after the shortstop’s game-winning single in the 10th inning Sunday against the White Sox.
Showing off his speed, Gordon was weaving his way through teammates on the infield after his single, but as he slowed up, he was playfully brought down by Kemp.
Considering that we’ve just seen two players land on the DL with injuries sustained in post-game celebrations, even healthy players might want to start being more careful out there. In Kemp’s case, though, it’s more serious that that: there’s simply no excuse for him to be horsing around in such a chaotic situation.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 9
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 75
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (277)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)