Jun 17, 2012, 7:20 PM EDT
Matt Kemp was placed back on the DL 18 days ago with a strained left hamstring, and there’s currently no timetable for his return. Still, that didn’t stop him from tackling Dee Gordon after the shortstop’s game-winning single in the 10th inning Sunday against the White Sox.
Showing off his speed, Gordon was weaving his way through teammates on the infield after his single, but as he slowed up, he was playfully brought down by Kemp.
Considering that we’ve just seen two players land on the DL with injuries sustained in post-game celebrations, even healthy players might want to start being more careful out there. In Kemp’s case, though, it’s more serious that that: there’s simply no excuse for him to be horsing around in such a chaotic situation.
- No-hitter watch: Aaron Harang has no-hit the Mets through seven innings 0
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Yasiel Puig does all of the Yasiel Puig things in the same inning 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)