Jun 17, 2012, 7:20 PM EDT
Matt Kemp was placed back on the DL 18 days ago with a strained left hamstring, and there’s currently no timetable for his return. Still, that didn’t stop him from tackling Dee Gordon after the shortstop’s game-winning single in the 10th inning Sunday against the White Sox.
Showing off his speed, Gordon was weaving his way through teammates on the infield after his single, but as he slowed up, he was playfully brought down by Kemp.
Considering that we’ve just seen two players land on the DL with injuries sustained in post-game celebrations, even healthy players might want to start being more careful out there. In Kemp’s case, though, it’s more serious that that: there’s simply no excuse for him to be horsing around in such a chaotic situation.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 7
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 20
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 49
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 26
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 11
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)