Jun 17, 2012, 7:20 PM EDT
Matt Kemp was placed back on the DL 18 days ago with a strained left hamstring, and there’s currently no timetable for his return. Still, that didn’t stop him from tackling Dee Gordon after the shortstop’s game-winning single in the 10th inning Sunday against the White Sox.
Showing off his speed, Gordon was weaving his way through teammates on the infield after his single, but as he slowed up, he was playfully brought down by Kemp.
Considering that we’ve just seen two players land on the DL with injuries sustained in post-game celebrations, even healthy players might want to start being more careful out there. In Kemp’s case, though, it’s more serious that that: there’s simply no excuse for him to be horsing around in such a chaotic situation.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54