Jun 17, 2012, 7:20 PM EDT
Matt Kemp was placed back on the DL 18 days ago with a strained left hamstring, and there’s currently no timetable for his return. Still, that didn’t stop him from tackling Dee Gordon after the shortstop’s game-winning single in the 10th inning Sunday against the White Sox.
Showing off his speed, Gordon was weaving his way through teammates on the infield after his single, but as he slowed up, he was playfully brought down by Kemp.
Considering that we’ve just seen two players land on the DL with injuries sustained in post-game celebrations, even healthy players might want to start being more careful out there. In Kemp’s case, though, it’s more serious that that: there’s simply no excuse for him to be horsing around in such a chaotic situation.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)