Jun 17, 2012, 6:15 PM EDT
Cobb gave up both hits, which were singles from Gaby Sanchez in the third and Greg Dobbs in the seventh. Joel Peralta and Fernando Rodney finished up from there. In all, Rays pitchers combined for 14 strikeouts today. Cobb’s 10 strikeouts were a career high.
Marlins hitters ended up striking out 39 times in the series against the Rays, though Miami did manage to take Saturday’s 15-inning thriller.
The Rays have now been involved in three one- or two-hitters in five days: they were on the wrong side of R.A. Dickey‘s masterpiece in Wednesday’s loss to the Mets.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 3
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 6
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)