Jun 17, 2012, 6:15 PM EDT
Cobb gave up both hits, which were singles from Gaby Sanchez in the third and Greg Dobbs in the seventh. Joel Peralta and Fernando Rodney finished up from there. In all, Rays pitchers combined for 14 strikeouts today. Cobb’s 10 strikeouts were a career high.
Marlins hitters ended up striking out 39 times in the series against the Rays, though Miami did manage to take Saturday’s 15-inning thriller.
The Rays have now been involved in three one- or two-hitters in five days: they were on the wrong side of R.A. Dickey‘s masterpiece in Wednesday’s loss to the Mets.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 44
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106