Jun 17, 2012, 6:15 PM EST
Cobb gave up both hits, which were singles from Gaby Sanchez in the third and Greg Dobbs in the seventh. Joel Peralta and Fernando Rodney finished up from there. In all, Rays pitchers combined for 14 strikeouts today. Cobb’s 10 strikeouts were a career high.
Marlins hitters ended up striking out 39 times in the series against the Rays, though Miami did manage to take Saturday’s 15-inning thriller.
The Rays have now been involved in three one- or two-hitters in five days: they were on the wrong side of R.A. Dickey‘s masterpiece in Wednesday’s loss to the Mets.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)