Jun 17, 2012, 6:15 PM EDT
Cobb gave up both hits, which were singles from Gaby Sanchez in the third and Greg Dobbs in the seventh. Joel Peralta and Fernando Rodney finished up from there. In all, Rays pitchers combined for 14 strikeouts today. Cobb’s 10 strikeouts were a career high.
Marlins hitters ended up striking out 39 times in the series against the Rays, though Miami did manage to take Saturday’s 15-inning thriller.
The Rays have now been involved in three one- or two-hitters in five days: they were on the wrong side of R.A. Dickey‘s masterpiece in Wednesday’s loss to the Mets.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 13
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)