Jun 17, 2012, 5:05 PM EST
This is an interesting bit of inside information.
Parra is only 25 years old, making close to the league minimum, an elite defensive outfielder and an important part of Arizona’s current roster matrix, so the Snakes politely declined Boston’s request.
But it gives us fans and bloggers a taste of what the Red Sox are looking for in a deal involving Youk.
The 33-year-old is batting .212/.295/.341 with four homers and 13 RBI in 149 plate appearances this season. He’s making a $12 million salary for 2012 and carries a $13 million option (or $1 million buyout) for 2013.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 45
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 97
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 125
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)