Jun 17, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
This is an interesting bit of inside information.
Parra is only 25 years old, making close to the league minimum, an elite defensive outfielder and an important part of Arizona’s current roster matrix, so the Snakes politely declined Boston’s request.
But it gives us fans and bloggers a taste of what the Red Sox are looking for in a deal involving Youk.
The 33-year-old is batting .212/.295/.341 with four homers and 13 RBI in 149 plate appearances this season. He’s making a $12 million salary for 2012 and carries a $13 million option (or $1 million buyout) for 2013.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69