Jun 17, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
This is an interesting bit of inside information.
Parra is only 25 years old, making close to the league minimum, an elite defensive outfielder and an important part of Arizona’s current roster matrix, so the Snakes politely declined Boston’s request.
But it gives us fans and bloggers a taste of what the Red Sox are looking for in a deal involving Youk.
The 33-year-old is batting .212/.295/.341 with four homers and 13 RBI in 149 plate appearances this season. He’s making a $12 million salary for 2012 and carries a $13 million option (or $1 million buyout) for 2013.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)