Jun 17, 2012, 8:35 AM EST
Doug Fister‘s first start back went swimmingly.
The 28-year-old right-hander — who missed around two weeks with a strained side muscle — delivered six scoreless innings Saturday in the Tigers’ 4-1 defeat of the Rockies at Detroit’s Comerica Park.
Fister allowed only three hits and walked just one batter while racking up six strikeouts. He now has a 2.68 ERA and 1.21 WHIP in seven starts this year, with 30 strikeouts and nine walks in 40 1/3 innings.
The Tigers are 31-34, currently four games back of the White Sox in the American League Central standings. A dramatic turnaround certainly seems possible.
Your Saturday box scores:
Yankees 5, Nationals 3 (14 innings)
Phillies 5, Blue Jays 6 (10 innings)
Marlins 4, Rays 3 (15 innings)
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)