Jun 18, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
Rough news for the Braves.
According to Mark Bowman of MLB.com, Brandon Beachy was diagnosed with a partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. He’ll be examined by Dr. James Andrews tomorrow, after which we should know more about his long-term status.
Obviously the big concern here is that Beachy will face Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery, but there’s a small chance he’ll attempt to rehab the injury. Either way, it’s safe to say he won’t be pitching for the Braves in the near future.
Beachy, 25, has a 3.07 ERA over his first 41 major league starts. He’s currently tied with R.A. Dickey for the major league lead with a 2.00 ERA.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)