Jun 18, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
Rough news for the Braves.
According to Mark Bowman of MLB.com, Brandon Beachy was diagnosed with a partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. He’ll be examined by Dr. James Andrews tomorrow, after which we should know more about his long-term status.
Obviously the big concern here is that Beachy will face Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery, but there’s a small chance he’ll attempt to rehab the injury. Either way, it’s safe to say he won’t be pitching for the Braves in the near future.
Beachy, 25, has a 3.07 ERA over his first 41 major league starts. He’s currently tied with R.A. Dickey for the major league lead with a 2.00 ERA.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (196)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)