Jun 18, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
Rough news for the Braves.
According to Mark Bowman of MLB.com, Brandon Beachy was diagnosed with a partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. He’ll be examined by Dr. James Andrews tomorrow, after which we should know more about his long-term status.
Obviously the big concern here is that Beachy will face Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery, but there’s a small chance he’ll attempt to rehab the injury. Either way, it’s safe to say he won’t be pitching for the Braves in the near future.
Beachy, 25, has a 3.07 ERA over his first 41 major league starts. He’s currently tied with R.A. Dickey for the major league lead with a 2.00 ERA.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (191)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)