Jun 18, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
Rough news for the Braves.
According to Mark Bowman of MLB.com, Brandon Beachy was diagnosed with a partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. He’ll be examined by Dr. James Andrews tomorrow, after which we should know more about his long-term status.
Obviously the big concern here is that Beachy will face Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery, but there’s a small chance he’ll attempt to rehab the injury. Either way, it’s safe to say he won’t be pitching for the Braves in the near future.
Beachy, 25, has a 3.07 ERA over his first 41 major league starts. He’s currently tied with R.A. Dickey for the major league lead with a 2.00 ERA.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 25
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)