Jun 18, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
Rough news for the Braves.
According to Mark Bowman of MLB.com, Brandon Beachy was diagnosed with a partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. He’ll be examined by Dr. James Andrews tomorrow, after which we should know more about his long-term status.
Obviously the big concern here is that Beachy will face Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery, but there’s a small chance he’ll attempt to rehab the injury. Either way, it’s safe to say he won’t be pitching for the Braves in the near future.
Beachy, 25, has a 3.07 ERA over his first 41 major league starts. He’s currently tied with R.A. Dickey for the major league lead with a 2.00 ERA.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 65
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)