Jun 18, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Felipe Paulino‘s emergence atop the Royals’ rotation was halted by a groin injury, but Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star reports that the right-hander is slated to come off the disabled list on June 25.
Paulino was fantastic before the injury, starting seven games with a 1.67 ERA, and since the Royals picked him up from the Rockies last season he’s logged 162 innings with a 3.55 ERA and 158/63 K/BB ratio. Toss in his excellent fastball velocity and a track record full of impressive strikeout rates and the Royals may have found a diamond in the rough, assuming he can stay healthy.
Before rejoining the rotation next week he’ll have to avoid a setback while making a minor-league rehab start Wednesday at Double-A.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 9
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)