Jun 18, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Felipe Paulino‘s emergence atop the Royals’ rotation was halted by a groin injury, but Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star reports that the right-hander is slated to come off the disabled list on June 25.
Paulino was fantastic before the injury, starting seven games with a 1.67 ERA, and since the Royals picked him up from the Rockies last season he’s logged 162 innings with a 3.55 ERA and 158/63 K/BB ratio. Toss in his excellent fastball velocity and a track record full of impressive strikeout rates and the Royals may have found a diamond in the rough, assuming he can stay healthy.
Before rejoining the rotation next week he’ll have to avoid a setback while making a minor-league rehab start Wednesday at Double-A.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 24
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 53
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 133
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (134)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)