Jun 18, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
As if keeping his spot in the Orioles’ rotation wasn’t a big enough challenge for Jake Arrieta he’ll be pitching tonight after spending yesterday sick with food poisoning.
Arrieta told Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun that he got sick after eating a pork chop at the team hotel Saturday–surely the hotel is thrilled to have that information public–and “was sick all day Sunday.”
Despite that and not eating anything for 24 hours Arrieta is taking the mound tonight against the Mets. Arrieta tossed seven innings of one-run ball against the Pirates last week, but before that went through a seven-start stretch in which he was 0-6 with a 9.34 ERA.
(Go ahead and insert your own joke about a 9.34 ERA, food poisoning, and vomit.)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel