Jun 18, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
As if keeping his spot in the Orioles’ rotation wasn’t a big enough challenge for Jake Arrieta he’ll be pitching tonight after spending yesterday sick with food poisoning.
Arrieta told Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun that he got sick after eating a pork chop at the team hotel Saturday–surely the hotel is thrilled to have that information public–and “was sick all day Sunday.”
Despite that and not eating anything for 24 hours Arrieta is taking the mound tonight against the Mets. Arrieta tossed seven innings of one-run ball against the Pirates last week, but before that went through a seven-start stretch in which he was 0-6 with a 9.34 ERA.
(Go ahead and insert your own joke about a 9.34 ERA, food poisoning, and vomit.)
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)