Jun 18, 2012, 5:44 PM EST
As if keeping his spot in the Orioles’ rotation wasn’t a big enough challenge for Jake Arrieta he’ll be pitching tonight after spending yesterday sick with food poisoning.
Arrieta told Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun that he got sick after eating a pork chop at the team hotel Saturday–surely the hotel is thrilled to have that information public–and “was sick all day Sunday.”
Despite that and not eating anything for 24 hours Arrieta is taking the mound tonight against the Mets. Arrieta tossed seven innings of one-run ball against the Pirates last week, but before that went through a seven-start stretch in which he was 0-6 with a 9.34 ERA.
(Go ahead and insert your own joke about a 9.34 ERA, food poisoning, and vomit.)
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (95)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)