Jun 18, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
After making it through another bullpen session today without any issues, Jered Weaver was cleared to make his return from the disabled list Wednesday against the Giants.
Weaver has been sidelined since May 28 due to a lower back strain. While a minor league rehab start won’t be necessary, the Angels will ease him back into action. According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, he’ll be limited to 80-90 pitches in his return.
Weaver, 29, has a 2.61 ERA and 57/15 K/BB ratio in 11 starts this season. The Angels were hovering around the .500 mark at the time of his injury, but open play tonight at 36-31, four games behind the Rangers in the American League West.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)