Jun 18, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
After making it through another bullpen session today without any issues, Jered Weaver was cleared to make his return from the disabled list Wednesday against the Giants.
Weaver has been sidelined since May 28 due to a lower back strain. While a minor league rehab start won’t be necessary, the Angels will ease him back into action. According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, he’ll be limited to 80-90 pitches in his return.
Weaver, 29, has a 2.61 ERA and 57/15 K/BB ratio in 11 starts this season. The Angels were hovering around the .500 mark at the time of his injury, but open play tonight at 36-31, four games behind the Rangers in the American League West.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)