Jun 18, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
After making it through another bullpen session today without any issues, Jered Weaver was cleared to make his return from the disabled list Wednesday against the Giants.
Weaver has been sidelined since May 28 due to a lower back strain. While a minor league rehab start won’t be necessary, the Angels will ease him back into action. According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, he’ll be limited to 80-90 pitches in his return.
Weaver, 29, has a 2.61 ERA and 57/15 K/BB ratio in 11 starts this season. The Angels were hovering around the .500 mark at the time of his injury, but open play tonight at 36-31, four games behind the Rangers in the American League West.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17