Jun 18, 2012, 8:58 AM EDT
Refreshing news here for the scuffling Cardinals.
Jay was placed on the disabled list in mid-May with a right shoulder sprain, suffered on the play pictured in this post — a Drew Stubbs home run. He finally began making progress early last week, first with games of long-toss and then with batting practice.
The 27-year-old was hitting .343/.395/.438 in 27 games before the injury, serving as an important table-setter at the top of the St. Louis lineup. The Cards will hope he can pick up right where he left off upon returning.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (100)