Jun 18, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton will miss his fourth straight game tonight after being hospitalized Friday with an intestinal virus. The good news, at least for the Rangers, is that he appears to be close to returning.
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that Hamilton participated in an early workout this afternoon, which included shagging flyballs and taking batting practice. It shouldn’t be much longer, but Leonys Martin will start in his place in center field this evening against the Padres.
Hamilton, is hitting .330/.390/.674 with 22 home runs, 62 RBI and a 1.064 OPS this season. Adam Dunn passed him for the major league home run lead over the weekend, but the impending free agent still leads the majors in RBI.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)