Jun 18, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
It’s not the type of ailment that will require an immediate disabled list stint, but it seems likely that Holliday will be given a couple games off this week. He was removed from Sunday’s extra-innings loss to the Royals after a flare-up, and it’s doubtful to fully heal during Monday’s scheduled team off day.
Holliday is batting .282/.365/.484 with 12 home runs, 12 doubles and 41 RBI through 282 plate appearances this season. The third-place defending World Series champs are set to open a three-game interleague series with the Tigers on Tuesday evening in Detroit.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)