Jun 18, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
It’s not the type of ailment that will require an immediate disabled list stint, but it seems likely that Holliday will be given a couple games off this week. He was removed from Sunday’s extra-innings loss to the Royals after a flare-up, and it’s doubtful to fully heal during Monday’s scheduled team off day.
Holliday is batting .282/.365/.484 with 12 home runs, 12 doubles and 41 RBI through 282 plate appearances this season. The third-place defending World Series champs are set to open a three-game interleague series with the Tigers on Tuesday evening in Detroit.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)