Jun 18, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
It’s not the type of ailment that will require an immediate disabled list stint, but it seems likely that Holliday will be given a couple games off this week. He was removed from Sunday’s extra-innings loss to the Royals after a flare-up, and it’s doubtful to fully heal during Monday’s scheduled team off day.
Holliday is batting .282/.365/.484 with 12 home runs, 12 doubles and 41 RBI through 282 plate appearances this season. The third-place defending World Series champs are set to open a three-game interleague series with the Tigers on Tuesday evening in Detroit.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)