Jun 18, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
It’s not the type of ailment that will require an immediate disabled list stint, but it seems likely that Holliday will be given a couple games off this week. He was removed from Sunday’s extra-innings loss to the Royals after a flare-up, and it’s doubtful to fully heal during Monday’s scheduled team off day.
Holliday is batting .282/.365/.484 with 12 home runs, 12 doubles and 41 RBI through 282 plate appearances this season. The third-place defending World Series champs are set to open a three-game interleague series with the Tigers on Tuesday evening in Detroit.
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 2
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 17
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)