Jun 18, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
It’s not the type of ailment that will require an immediate disabled list stint, but it seems likely that Holliday will be given a couple games off this week. He was removed from Sunday’s extra-innings loss to the Royals after a flare-up, and it’s doubtful to fully heal during Monday’s scheduled team off day.
Holliday is batting .282/.365/.484 with 12 home runs, 12 doubles and 41 RBI through 282 plate appearances this season. The third-place defending World Series champs are set to open a three-game interleague series with the Tigers on Tuesday evening in Detroit.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 0
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 9
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)