Jun 18, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
“His elbow is tight, and we went to throw our bullpen the other day and it was still tight,” manager Ron Roenicke told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Todd Rosiak “So he’s not going to make his start tomorrow. (Team physician William) Raasch is going to look at him, and we’ll see where we go from there.”
The hope is that he’ll just miss the one start.
Aided by a soft schedule of late, Marcum is 3-0 with a 2.30 ERA in his last four starts. He’s 5-3 with a 3.39 ERA in 13 starts on the season.
The Brewers haven’t decided how they’ll replace him Tuesday. It’s going to depend on how Randy Wolf performs tonight. If Wolf goes deep into the game, the Brewers will likely have a bullpen day tomorrow, with Manny Parra possibly getting the ball first. However, if they need to use a few relievers tonight, then they’ll probably add someone from the minors.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 18
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 81
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 6
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (82)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)