Jun 18, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
“His elbow is tight, and we went to throw our bullpen the other day and it was still tight,” manager Ron Roenicke told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Todd Rosiak “So he’s not going to make his start tomorrow. (Team physician William) Raasch is going to look at him, and we’ll see where we go from there.”
The hope is that he’ll just miss the one start.
Aided by a soft schedule of late, Marcum is 3-0 with a 2.30 ERA in his last four starts. He’s 5-3 with a 3.39 ERA in 13 starts on the season.
The Brewers haven’t decided how they’ll replace him Tuesday. It’s going to depend on how Randy Wolf performs tonight. If Wolf goes deep into the game, the Brewers will likely have a bullpen day tomorrow, with Manny Parra possibly getting the ball first. However, if they need to use a few relievers tonight, then they’ll probably add someone from the minors.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)