Jun 18, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
“His elbow is tight, and we went to throw our bullpen the other day and it was still tight,” manager Ron Roenicke told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Todd Rosiak “So he’s not going to make his start tomorrow. (Team physician William) Raasch is going to look at him, and we’ll see where we go from there.”
The hope is that he’ll just miss the one start.
Aided by a soft schedule of late, Marcum is 3-0 with a 2.30 ERA in his last four starts. He’s 5-3 with a 3.39 ERA in 13 starts on the season.
The Brewers haven’t decided how they’ll replace him Tuesday. It’s going to depend on how Randy Wolf performs tonight. If Wolf goes deep into the game, the Brewers will likely have a bullpen day tomorrow, with Manny Parra possibly getting the ball first. However, if they need to use a few relievers tonight, then they’ll probably add someone from the minors.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)