Jun 18, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
“His elbow is tight, and we went to throw our bullpen the other day and it was still tight,” manager Ron Roenicke told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Todd Rosiak “So he’s not going to make his start tomorrow. (Team physician William) Raasch is going to look at him, and we’ll see where we go from there.”
The hope is that he’ll just miss the one start.
Aided by a soft schedule of late, Marcum is 3-0 with a 2.30 ERA in his last four starts. He’s 5-3 with a 3.39 ERA in 13 starts on the season.
The Brewers haven’t decided how they’ll replace him Tuesday. It’s going to depend on how Randy Wolf performs tonight. If Wolf goes deep into the game, the Brewers will likely have a bullpen day tomorrow, with Manny Parra possibly getting the ball first. However, if they need to use a few relievers tonight, then they’ll probably add someone from the minors.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 7
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 44
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 83
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 68
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)