Jun 19, 2012, 8:04 AM EDT
Craig is taking surfing lessons and sampling fish tacos all this week out in sunny San Diego, leaving HardballTalk without a fearless leader to guide it through the previous night’s highlights and lowlights.
But we do have a readership — a handsome, intelligent, hilarious readership (you see me cultivating?) — worthy of being heard in a run of reader-driven “And That Happened” offerings.
You’ll find a post like this every morning (until the end of the week, that is). It’ll have simple links to NBCSports.com‘s game recaps and box scores, and it’ll be waiting to be lit up with rich commentary.
Pick a game you watched or want to discuss and have at it in the comments section below.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 20
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 25
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 17
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 59
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 43
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)